We all need electricity to complete our day-to-day activities. From cleaning to washing clothes, every household chore needs electricity. However, it is surprising how high the consumption of electricity cost these days. To help you save on electricity bills, here are the few steps that you can take:
- Always turn off the lights before you leave – Leaving lights on while leaving your home is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. Though it looks like a small thing with the passing time, it can add up and can increase your electricity bill.
Ensure that you are turning your lights off when you leave any room or your home; this will reduce your electricity bill. Besides, ensure that you replace your old LEDs and bulbs with the new ones as old lights use more energy than the new ones. This will also help you in saving money on electricity bills.
- Unplugging the electronics – Unplugging electronic devices is also one mistake that almost all of us make. When you are done using a blender, unplug it as it increases the ‘phantom load.’ When it remains plugged in, each electronic device uses a certain amount of energy, and unplugging them reduces such phantom load. Besides, there is no need to keep your electronic devices plugged in if you are not using them until the next day.
- Seal all your doors and windows – If you live in a hot area, you know that air conditioners work best in an enclosed space. Unsealed doors and windows cause the warm air to come inside, which causes your AC to run a little longer during summer. You can seal or weatherize your home by caulking and adding weatherstripping on the windows and doors.
- Intelligent buying of Appliances – If you are considering buying any electronic device, you should look at how much energy it will consume. You can check the star rating on the cover of the device. 5-star devices are the ones that consume the least energy. Though initial, they will cost you higher, but with passing time, you will find a reduction in the energy bills.
- Don’t keep the door open – Some people have a habit of leaving their doors and windows open even when Air conditioner is running. This will make your air conditioner work for a longer duration which will directly affect your electricity bill.
- Paying your electricity bills – You can choose for online electricity bill payment to save some money. Few platforms offer you good discounts and cashback on paying utility bills online. Electricity bill payment has become very easy with the launch of apps like Paytm, phonePay, Airtel Payments Banks, etc. Besides, they also help you save your money while you pay your electricity bill no matter whether you want to make an MP online electricity bill payment or a UPPCL online bill payment.
Electricity is an essential part of our lives, without which we cannot imagine our days. However, we need to ensure that we are taking measures to save it to reduce our electricity bill.