Today many people enjoy vaping for a wide range of different reasons; they may have successfully given up smoking cigarettes using vaping and are very happy with the health and financial benefits. Many vapers are unaware that there are different ways of vaping and various types of e-liquid more suited to a certain method of vaping. In this short piece, we will discuss what e-liquid consists of, the different types of e-liquid and why they might suit you.
What’s In My E-Liquid?
It is important to understand how the components of the best e-liquid work to produce that tasty vapour, and all vape liquids consist of the four same materials; they each have an impact on the type of vapour produced; they are –
- Propylene Glycol is an organic food additive that is a great carrier of flavour; also used in medicines, it is a thinner liquid used in both industries for over 60 years.
- Vegetable Glycerin – is a clear liquid with a thicker consistency produced from plant oils such as coconut or soy; it is used in foods and cosmetics. E-liquids with a high VG content produce large vapour clouds and a smooth vape.
- Nicotine – the nicotine in vape juice will be either the more traditional Freebase nicotine or, the newer Nic salt. The more modern option produces an excellent smooth vape.
- Food-Based Flavourings are the standard food industry flavours that give countless products their distinctive tastes.
There are specific e-liquid mixing with differing PG or VG levels that are more suited to the type of vape required by the end user. All the major vape juice manufacturers, including Dinner lady, Heisenberg, and Nasty, now produce these different types of e-liquid.
The Different Vape Mixtures
Without knowing it, most vapers will use an e-liquid with an even 50/50 PG/VG mix; this is a great all-rounder that gives a superb vape suitable for all, especially the newer vaper looking for the sensation of smoking cigarettes. Two other pre-mixed e-liquids lean towards a more specific way of vaping; they are –
- 70/30 – this e-liquid has a 70%VG/30%PG mix; it is designed for use in sub-ohm vape devices that burn the thicker liquid at a lower resistance. The outcome is a super smooth vape that produces enormous clouds of vapour.
- 80/20 – as its direct opposite, this is mixed to an 80%PG/20%VG formula. It gives a vape higher in flavour and delivers a throat hit suited to newer vapers, best used in starter devices, vape pens or pods.
The makeup of these different types of e-liquid may have given you food for thought, and if flavour and a good throat hit are what you want, then 80/20 is the one for you. On the other hand, if you want huge clouds of vapour then; then 70/30 is the e-liquid you might want to try.
However, if you want to enjoy vaping there are a huge amount of different tasty e-liquids for your experience; keep trying new flavours and you might find a new favourite one to enjoy.