When you buy a new car, you must take care of a few things including updating your vehicle registration number in FASTag. Since you cannot essentially drive across state and national highways without this cashless toll-collection prepaid tag, it’s important to take care of this right after you buy a new car.
You can update your vehicle registration number in FASTag online and offline, depending on whatever is the most convenient to you. We will explore both the methods in this article.
How to update your vehicle registration online
Since FASTags are issued by banks and other financial institutions in the country, you need to check which bank has issued yours and then visit their official website.
- Visit the official website of the bank your FASTag is registered with.
- Log in using your username and password. Your username may be your registered mobile number.
- Once you are logged in, look for the section labelled ‘my account’ or ‘manageFASTag’.
- Click on the ‘vehicle registration number’ tab.
- Upload the copy of your registration certificate. Check the file format and size requirements mentioned on the website. For instance, you may have to upload the file in PDF format with a size smaller than 5MB.
- Click on submit and see what the estimated time for updating the vehicle registration number is. This may differ depending on the bank.
In addition to updating your vehicle registration number online, you can also undertake a range of other activities online. This includes online FASTag recharge, checking your FASTag balance, and even opting for the FASTag apply online option. It is very convenient to buy, recharge, and manage your FASTag online through a bank that has a good digital infrastructure in place so make sure to keep that in mind when you decide to select a bank to buy a FASTag for your vehicle.
How to update your vehicle registration offline
The online method is more convenient and quicker, and you can do it at any time and from anywhere. However, if you want to update it offline, you can do that too.
- Visit the nearest branch of your FASTagissuing bank.
- Carry documents like your vehicle registration certificate and proof of identity such as Aadhaar.
- You may have to fill a form provided by the bank to update your vehicle registration number in FASTag.
- The bank will then update your vehicle’s FASTag registration number in their system.
You may need to update your vehicle registration number in some other situations too. For instance, if you realise you had made an error at the beginning while registering your vehicle in your FASTag account and now you want to correct it. Or if you have to re-register your vehicle due to changes in your state or district. It is important to have your FASTag account updated with all the latest information to ensure smooth toll payments and drives every time you step out of your house.